Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Square Foot Gardening

I bought this book for myself last year...and it really came in handy for planning out my raised bed garden areas in my backyard. Last year I put in 2 raised bed areas and utilized the soil "recipe" mentioned in the book.


I was pleased with the results as we managed to grow strawberries and bell peppers and a few tomatoes last year in the 2 raised bed gardens.

--------------
This is a book that I would recommend to any beginning gardener or even the experienced gardener.

The neat thing about this book is that it teaches you how to grow quite a few things in very limited space.

Even those ..like myself..that live in the city ...can have a pretty nice abundant garden in very little space by following some of the ideas set forth in this book.

I encourage you to check it out if you are planning a garden this year. I'll be adding a few more raised bed garden areas in my yard pretty soon, and will again be utilizing ideas from this book as I do.In fact I plan on adding at least 4 more garden areas in my yard this year.(look out Spring!..here I come with garden tools in hand!)
-----------
The book is available in my Garden Goose Market Shop for only: $13.59
---------------------
~The Garden Goose~

5 comments:

Aunt Jenny said...

I love this book too...I have two copies, actually..one that lives out under the shelf in my patio where I do potting and one that stays nice in the house. I try to fit as much as possible in my garden..which is about 1/4 the size it was before we got Mona..haha. Worth it though...what a good recomendation!

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

Hi,
I just stopped by to say thank you for your sweet comments on mt tea cozies.
I love your photographs! What a wonderful talent you have...
Karen

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

My husband loves this method. I love the dig-manure-into-the-dirt-and-plant-stuff method. We do both because it's a bit expensive to do the whole garden this way and because, let's face it, we're lazy. But he grows some amazing tomatoes and cucumbers in guess where, the dirt.

erin, maker of chimes said...

This looks like a neat book, I'll have to look into the idea of raised beds. Although we live in the middle of no where, I'm thinking that raised beds might help making gardening a little easier.

Anonymous said...

This was one of my fave books and I learned so much from it!
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags