Saturday, January 5, 2008

My how they've grown!!!.....


I promised to share photos with you all of how the little critters..our backyard flock..have all grown. So here they are:


The Golden colored chicken is "Chicken Little" a Buff Orpington.The brown speckled gal is "Henny Penny" an Ameracauna.Then the duck is our little gal"Sunny".

-------------------------------Hubby and I also went out to the marina last night to watch the sunset and to have a "date night".Here is a photo of last night's sunset.

Well....I started out this afternoon to tear up the decking boards...but hubby did the whole job for me! ...how sweet!
I'll get some potting soil and good growing mix in the area and get it ready to plant a few things like lettuces and herbs. We have a little bit left to do to the area to convert it to a raised bed area..but it will work well.
------------------------
Here's wishing you all a great weekend!
Thanks for joining me in "blogland"
~The Garden Goose~

9 comments:

Day4plus said...

Sweet babies they grow up way too soon.
Can we double date and enjoy the sunset and stuff like that there? huh? huh?
MB

Tina Leavy said...

hey MB..yeah..you can come on down here and enjoy the sunsets.:0) they sure are pretty this time of year.
Seems the winter sunsets are the best here. Plenty of clouds and the water and sky are real clear. best time of year for sunset photos in my area.
hope you have a lovely weekend.

Quinne said...

Hi Tina :) What wonderful pictures! I am excited about your raised be project - keep us posted. Love, Q

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
Yes they how grown. Just like kids. LOL
Are you surviving the cold? I don't like it. I am ready for our warm weather.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Alice Regan said...

How devine! They are all soooo cute, I especially like your little white duckie friend!

Donna said...

I was just over at Daisy Cottage and found your blog and so glad I did! I'm enjoying it. Those little chickens and the duck are so cute! I'll be returning again!
Donna :)

jayedee said...

as many times as i tell myself that i will NOT get attached, i lose my heart over and over again to my critters! but like our two leggeds, they grow too darn fast!

speaking of lettuces and such, i'm hosting a gift cert. giveaway for garden seeds over at the lost world:
http://tinyurl.com/yt685z

Alpicks Treasures said...

Cute pictures. I love the chicken one. Hope that your holidays were a nice one. Take Care, Allison

SweetAnnee said...

Oh the are adorable..and I love their color!!
deena