Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A cold day....but a nice day....

Brrrr! It has been pretty cold outside today. It all started last night when the temperatures started dropping and the winds they started a howling. Seems a northern wind has blown in quite good and is here to stay for a few days..bringing with it some chill to the bone. ...like I said...brrrr!

------------------------
I have been bitten by the Spring bug already..it usually bites me around Christmas time..ha.
Hubby and I got out and about for a little while today and the hardware store had the new 2008 seeds in already. Hubby told me to pick out whatever I wanted to grow. So we bought quite a few varieties of vegetables(bush beans, sugar snap peas, herbs such as dill, spearmint, peppermint, oregano, lemon basil) spinach, several varieties of lettuces, yellow squash,broccoli, and much more. Oh, and I got a new bird feeder...it was on sale for $12.99 normally $27.99 ..it is a 3 station feeder...for either the niger seed or regular seed.What a deal.
Oh..and I got the tool I needed to tear out the decking..ha.
But..I'll tackle that when it's not so cold out.
--------------------
I told you all that I had taken one of my seed trays out on New Year's Eve and planted some seeds...well wouldn't you know...some of the seeds are already sprouting!!..just a mere 2 days later!! wow! Seems like the godetia seed is already breaking the surface and setting up a wee dot of growth already! wowzers!What fun!
-----------------------
I have a new product to get made up for my Etsy shop tomorrow.
I want to work on getting a few more items in the shop both for Valentine's day..and then some photo note card sets. I have lots of lovely images that will work terrifically for lovely note cards and prints.So..I gotta get going on that project too.
-----------------------
I hope that you all have had a lovely day today!

Thanks for joining me in "blog land"

~The Garden Goose~

6 comments:

jayedee said...

doncha just LOVE this cooler weather? we got ICE! lots of ice! and we're further south than you are! wooo hooooo! the kids think they've died and gone to heaven! i put a couple of pictures on my blog!

BClark said...

Right now we have winds that are fluctuating between 20 and 30 mph. The temps are up, I think they said we might reach high 20 but with the wind, bbrrrrrrrr.
I am so envious about your seeds,lol. I keep going into the websites looking at all the plants and flowers. Hearing the wind howing is not helping,lol. I will have to check out your etsy shop when you get the new things in. Barbara

Alice Regan said...

Brrrrr - it's cold outside! Suppose to warm up a little over the next couple of days, but then a new storm approaches over the weekend. Low's have been in the single digits. Lots of quilts on the bed these days. I'm off to see you new etsy items! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Tina Leavy said...

Jayedee,
I have tried many times to visit your website and leave a comment..or even to look at the blog..but..everytime I try it causes my computer to lock up(insert big sad face here) I asked my husband why it might be doing that..and he said it might be due to imbedded video or music clips on your site.
Thought I'd let you know. Don't know if anyone else has this problem or not, but I'd certainly like to view your site, have tried but it doesn't allow me to.
~Tina

Quinne said...

Hi Tina :) I enjoyed your post - just had to smile at your spring fever! My daughter asked just yesterday, "Mommy, when is spring?"

We are in the planning stages for our garden, and it is very exciting. Though, I must confess that we are still praying for some snow. My sweeties would love to watch it fall and then build a snowman. We haven't had any snow for a couple of years now.

Love to you and a very happy new year! Q

jayedee said...

no one has ever said anything about having trouble accessing my blog! i feel bad that you haven't been able to! anyway, i took down the mp3 player i had on the site, hopefully that will make a difference for you!

its a bit warmer today for us, how about ya'll?