Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm now a woman obsessed...ha


O.k. ..so finding 2 of the shells wasn't enough...ha.

The type of shell my grandmother had was actually made of celluloid..a plastic product created to look like ivory.

Granny's shell had an intricate carving of a dragon on the top of it and inside a wee farm/river scene.
Well..I got to looking yet again on Ebay..I won yet another auction this evening..this time for a celluloid version that is intricately carved on the top..yay! It does not have a dragon, but rather a pagoda type scene on the top..and inside..a farm scene of oxen and other cool things..how neat!
These are very hard to find actually, as 3 yrs ago when I first started looking..they were not to be found.
I am thrilled that in the last 2 days I have found 3 of these lovely items! Woohoo!
Here's the new one that I found this evening and won.
Woohoo!
~The Garden Goose~

3 comments:

Alice Regan said...

Wow, these are fantastic. I've not seen anything like this before. I think I'd be obsessed to. Congratulations on finding a few new ones for your collection.

Bee Haven Bev said...

Wow....I, too, have never seen these before...what beautiful craftsmanship!!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen those sweet shells either. They are fascinating and I am so happy that you found some.