Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tea Cup Remakes...

There are many uses for tea cups..and not just for tea!

I was thinking about this today and thought I'd share with you all
several of the different things that you can do with tea cups. Perhaps you have found one at a tag sale or thrift shop and it has a tiny chip in the rim or a crack.

1. You can pour candle wax and add a wick to make a candle.
Or add a tea light candle to the cup.

2. Birdfeeders can be created by attaching the cup to the saucer with an adhesive and attaching copper piping to the base of the saucer.

3. The teacups can be used as planters for small vining plants and for holding succulents or small herbs or african violets...or even wheat grass.

4. They can be used to hold small decorative soaps or bath beads.

5. Also can be used to hold barrettes, q-tips or bobby pins, or cotton balls.

6. Can be transformed into a small candle lamp with cord.

7. They can be transformed into small floral arrangement holders or for small topiary holders.

8. They can be used to hold potpourri.

9. Can be used as an added flair above valances. Simply tie a pretty ribbon around the handles of a series of tea cups and hang at random intervals across top of a decorative valance.

10. They can be used as a tiny holder on your kitchen counter to hold sugar packets or even a few packets of your favorite teas.
----------------------------
Hope I have given you a few more ideas/uses for a tea cup.

Have a lovely evening!
Thanks for joining me in "blogland"

~The Garden Goose~

9 comments:

2 LMZ FARMS said...

That is some very neat ideas. Just wanted to check in on you. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

Unknown said...

These are wonderful suggestions! I have tea cups all over my kitchen. I will have to start putting things in them!!

Amy

Deb said...

Thanks for the tea cup tips....lots of good uses for them!

I'm glad you stopped by Cozy Cottage again today....I'll have my last tea party tomorrow...hope to see you there! :)

Debbie
http://www.shabbycozycottage.com

meg said...

Those are some wonderful ideas; I've been seeing birdfeeder popping up in the shops & our gift shop (I'm a docent at a 1895 house museum) has been carrying a patio chandelier using tea cups. I use the sugar packet idea, but using them as planters is inspired.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my bridal tea and your nice comments. I have enjoyed visiting you & reading all of the recipes & I like the teacup tips!
Vicki

Anonymous said...

How clever of you. Wonderful ideas.

Donetta said...

What wonderful suggestions. Make the wheels turn:) How lovely a visit. Thank you for your sweet comment. May you have beauty in your day that just astounds you!

Regina said...

Oh, these were great! I love the birdfeeder idea!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

What cute ideas. I have a tiny peter rabbit teacup I have on my desk for paperclips.
Every time I look at it I remember those special tea parties years ago.