Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Simple Joys...

It doesn't take much to make me happy..it really doesn't.


Today some of the things that really delighted my heart were these:

My husband tossing his arm around my shoulder this morning and whispering "I love you" into my ear right as I woke up this morning.

My little 3 yr. old girl exclaiming "mommy your here!" as I walked into the room she was in this morning.(she says it in such a bright cheery exclamation when she has woken up before me..and sees me walk into the room..it is so funny and makes me laugh every time)

Seeing my son bring some pictures into my room and sit on my bed and start talking about the picture he had in his hand and had drawn a while back for me and kept in his room in his art stash... a really sweet picture of a tea cup that he had colored yellow and written an I ...then drawn a heart ...then a y-o-u on the cup.

Watching my oldest daughter sew on her sewing machine, and watching her help me with dinner prep this evening as she helped to cut up a honeydew melon for the family meal.

Enjoying to look at the finished project(a cute little pink marbelized fabric purse) she had created, and the joy she gets on her face when she has completed a project and done a great job at it.

The joy on her face when she exclaimed that she had made another sale of a hand sewn item in her etsy shop.

Hubby walking up to me in the kitchen as I'm cleaning up..and giving me a big hug, and again saying"I love you!" (gosh I love that guy..:0)

The joy I get when the whole family declares that dinner was "yummy".

Watching my 3 yr. old "mother" her baby dolls and stuffed toys.

Watching my 2 youngest children sitting next to each other and giving each other a hug.

Watching my 2 youngest children play together.

Watering my plants and flowers and feeling a few sprinkles from a rain that never developed today..but were a few tiny raindrops on my head..and singing to myself"rain drops keep falling on my head..." as I continued to water my flowers and plants while my pet duck "Daffy" walked along beside me.

Reaching down and having my pet duck walk up and affectionately peck at my fingers and standing still while I pet his lovely soft feathers on his back for a few minutes.Watching him preen his lovely feathers after he took a bath in his pool.

Sitting on the couch this evening with the littlest one snuggled between her dad and I while sister was sewing and big brother was in bed tucked in for the night..and we 3 snuggled on the couch and ate some popcorn together..shhh don't tell...ha.

Simple joys..simple pleasures..these are the things that make me smile.....I am truly blessed.

~The Garden Goose~

5 comments:

jayedee said...

it really IS the simple things that have the greatest impact on our lives, isn't it?
life is good. *contented sigh*

Regina said...

Yes, absolutely! One look from my husband and I am happy fr the rest of the day- can it be that simple? Yes!
A lovely post!

Anonymous said...

You are such a loving person! God Bless you as he absolutely has.
Such precious childern and parentsthat truly love them and follow the word .
The days with our children are so short. I too been blessed

Anonymous said...

It's the good life, ain't it?

Regarding the sheep; they're East Friesian dairy sheep. I have seen baby dolls...they're adorable!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

there is a saying that it is not the big events that shape our lives... but the littlest moments.

Precious moments=D