Sunday, September 30, 2007

Awesome Garage Sale Day/Finds

Had an awesome garage sale day yesterday. It was lots of fun.
Oldest daughter and I started out at about 8:30 in the morning... the first sale was right down the road from my house..and was an Estate Sale..where I managed to find a darling set of vintage rooster salt and pepper shakers from about the 1950's.I could not pass them up for only $1.50!

I also managed to acquire an entire box full of vintage tea cup related china/sugar bowls and tea cup sets. Some I will keep for myself, but some I will re sell in my etsy shop as either floral arrangements/topiaries or as they are.
I also found a set of 4 vintage napkins at another sale...shown with the teacup items here below

I was so absolutely delighted to find thse awesome vintage fashion plates..they are originals mounted in frames. They each date 1862!!!I snagged them at only $3 each! They are staying here with me..ha. but look what else I found at the same sale for just 50 cents!!!! oh be still my beatin'heart!
A lovely vintage print dated 1907.

Then I found this darling cat vase and madelaine pan at another sale.

Then..at the last 2 sales I found a pair of vintage hankies..one from Belgium and another white on white version. ($1.50 for both

And the last item of the day was..this darling pair of miniature prints in frames dating 1933I snagged them for just $1.


Dear daughter found several craft books and I also found about 4-5 magazines and a children's cookbook.

Now..with all of the delightful vintage finds that I snagged..I just need to find someone to help me decorate my home with them all...ha.

It was such a fun day and I am delighted with my finds.

I encourage you to give garage saling/yard saling a try. It's lots of fun and you just never know what you can find for a "steal of a deal"!

~The Garden Goose~

13 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

Great job Tina!! I love the old prints. I would say that you are the winner for today, for sure, maybe the week. It sure is fun comming home with lots of good stuff isn't it?
NANCY JO

Tina Leavy said...

yes it is..now I have to find room for it all..ha.

Day4plus said...

Wow, Tine you did super. Isn't it fun. The problem is finding a place for everything. At least that is my biggest problem. Congrats to you and your daughter. MB

Alice Regan said...

Oh my, what delights you did indeed find! They are ALL so beautiful! It's so fun when yard selling is so successful. The thrill is in the hunt I do believe.

Quinne said...

How fun!! I love antique linens :) Congratulations on your finds and what a lovely adventure day with your precious daughter. Love to you! Q

Chas said...

How wonderful!!! What great finds you found! ;) I love yard sales, estate sales, flea markets, garage sales.... :)
I hope you have a great Monday!!!

My Cup Runneth Over...
Chas

Katie said...

Tina -- Love the prints! The fashion ladies need to be in your sewing room/space. Very elegant. And I love finding old linens, too. Great to embroider on. Good finds, all around. And so nice that you can go with your daughter.

Mrs.E said...

I love yard sales. I've found great things at those too.

What lovely finds you made...finding them is half the fun and placing them at home is the other half :)

JANET said...

Great finds...I like those vintage napkins. Your Small Town Living magazine is wonderful this month...hope you can get it into print soon.

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Don't you just love going to yard sales and estate sales. Love the pictures and hankies that you got. Tell your DD that I said congrats on placing in the contest. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a good haul! One mans treasure! lol

Mary said...

I love that 1907 print. It's very much like a watercolor I have hung on my wall. I collect items that depict ladies in old fashioned dresses and hats. Have hundereds of postcards, a few pieces of china and the watercolor, as well as other.s

Anonymous said...

wow! what a great find you have there. Love the vintage rooster salt and pepper shaker.