Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Atlanta Coffee Cake... and more...

Wanted to share with you all another recipe from the "tin box treasures"

This one is for a cake called :
"Atlanta Coffee Cake"
------------------
2 cups flour sifted with
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream together:
1 3/4 sticks butter or margarine
1 2/3 cups sugar
Add 1 at a time:
2 eggs
Then add alternately with flour
1 cup sour cream
Blend well then add:
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pour half of mixture into a bundt pan.
Sprinkle with 1/2 of brown sugar,cinnamon and nut mixture.
Add remaining batter. Then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon,brown sugar and nut mixture.

Nut mixture:
4 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
------------------------------------
I have so very much enjoyed all of the new visitors to my blog over the last few days! What a delight! It is so very fun to meet new friends across "blogland"! Thanks so much for visiting with me!
----------
Some of you mentioned that you really liked the totes pictured in the previous post..I do have a few of them available though my etsy shop if you are looking for a gift, or for a new handbag for the Fall season.
They are available here:
------------------
I also have some darling Halloween items available as well.
I have a large canvas print of a reproduction of a vintage postcard. This image is also available on a cute handbag.
------------------
Thanks for joining me this evening.
May you have a lovely week.
~The Garden Goose~

8 comments:

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Just popping in to check on you. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura

Tina Leavy said...

hey there Laura.:0) was under the weather yesterday..but doing well now. hubby had a flu like virus for a couple days this week then I had sinus and sore throat gunk and just wore out yesterday..but am all better now...yay!

Deb said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks for stopping by and having tea with me at Cozy Cottage today!

I'm really enjoying the recipes you have posted this week. I'm also going to check out Small Town Living....I live in a small rural town. :)

Best regards,
Debbie
Cozy Cottage Gifts and Decor

Celestina Marie said...

Thank you for stopping in to my tea party today. I have so enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog and have enjoyed your recipes. I look forward to returning soon.
Celestina

The GlitterFairy... said...

Thanks for the nice tea party and recipe. Can't wait to try it. Thanks also for stopping by my party. What fun we're having!
Am also looking forward to reading your magazine. I'm a small town girl at heart and wish you every success with Small Town Living.
Cheers!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

You truly did find a "treasure". I read cookbooks like others read novels. And I love to get hold of old church cookbooks. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying all your recipes! Thank you...

Anonymous said...

The Atlanta Coffee Cake sounds great and the service for two looks beautiful. I love the embroidered napkins?