Sunday, September 9, 2007

Hola! ...and more...

Hola!..yeah, yeah..I know..that's Spanish for "hello"...and boy howdy have I been saying that quite a few times in the last 2 days!

Why? you ask???.
...am I taking some sort of foreign speaking classes, or brushing up on my foreign speaking?...nope..nah dah..no....

It's actually this..you know..grandparents are very well meaning..really honestly and truly they are.. .and they are loving and swell and all..and mayhap I shouldn't exactly be blaming grandma for this one..honestly I probably shouldn't..but you see the problem is this...

I have a wee three year old that simply adores..yep lets put that word in capital letters shall we...ADORES! ..Dora the Explorer..and Boots the monkey..we can't leave out Boots now..oh, and Diego..yep Diego too.

So..what happened yesterday was this...

A wee innocent brown envelope arrived in my mailbox..with not one...but four..yep you heard me right...four... Dora the Explorer books in this ever so innocent looking brown envelope.

So..these books were for said wee three year old who proceeded to squeal with delight..and exclaim "you read to me?" in that ever so innocent, pleading look with those great big puppy dog eyes that mom's can absolutely never ever resist.

So yes..I sat down and I read to her all 4 books..yep..count them..1, 2, 3, 4 books back to back.

Whew!
I thought I was done after reading all 4 of those books back to back to back. When..after a few minutes break..o.k. o.k. I'll be honest maybe about an hour break...here comes wee innocent three year old toddling back to me again with said pile of four books..yep..all four of these suddenly , absolutely beloved books...with yet again that pleading puppy dog eyes, grinning up at me and innocently asking yet again..."you read to me?"

Who could resist?? huh? I ask you? I'm beginning to think there is some sort of conspiracy going on here though I tell you...

Yeah, yeah..this has gone on no less than 4 times since yesterday afternoon. I have read all of the Dora books..yep..all four of those Dora books at least 4 times each now...i yi-yi.

So..my dear friends..that is how come I say to you "Hola!"...and will probably be saying that phrase in my sleep for many nights to come...gee thanks Grandma. I love ya though.:0)...and wee three year old does too.:0)..ha.
----------------------
Well..I'll be sharing a few tea time recipes with you all starting tomorrow, and a few other fun things along the way. I'll actually be enjoying some tea times with my children throughout the week and sharing the fun with you here.
----------------------
I wanted to let you all know about an adorable drawing for a set of handcrafted pumpkins happening over at Chas's blog
"My Cup Runneth Over" located here:
---------------------------
Well..that's all for now. I hope that you all had a nice relaxing Sunday.
Here is wishing everyone a lovely week.
~The Garden Goose~

6 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

I had to come and check out a blog belonging to Garden Goose! My avator is indeed an oil painting of one of our geese, Dolly. Sadly no longer with us, but a lovely girl she was. Now we just have Jo, our gander always so photogenic!

Regina said...

Hee hee- I know a lot of little ones that absolutely adore Dora- and they learn so much from her! You are a good mama for sure!

jayedee said...

hola!
lol....bless her little heart! we're hooked on Dora around here as well. we even have a dog named.......yup! you guess it, DORA!

JANET said...

I never read Dora, but we read the stories about Brer Fox and Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit over and over and over to our boys. They giggled themselves to sleep and so did we!

Beemoosie said...

How cute!

My Pink Boutique said...

Hola! Como esta usted? :D Your wee one sounds darling! What a sweet mommy you are!

:)
Kimberly