Thursday, September 6, 2007

A lovely day...

Had a good day today..hope you did too.:0)
-----------------------
I worked a little on writing a few articles for the upcoming issue of "Small Town Living".
Took some pictures of the craft tutorial we'll have in this issue as well.
---------------------------
Spent some time outside this evening with my son..at the crack of dusk..watching the bats come out and flit about overhead. It was alot of fun.
My little boy really enjoyed it, and it's always the absolute best thing to be able to share nature with a young child! :0)
----------------------------------------

Dinner this evening was very easy..I created a chicken/veggie pot pie. Simply mixed together 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. Poured that into a deep casserole dish then mixed some of the Mary Jane's Farmgirl Budget mix (that I recieved from the farm)..with some milk and about 1 cup of shredded cheese..and poured that on top of the veggie/soup mix and baked at 350 about 50 minutes. Served steamed whole greenbeans on the side. Hearty and yummy...and very easy.
---------------------------

I'm glad to report that "Daffy" the duck has perked up quite a bit. Back to having his usual hearty appetite and swimming for long periods of time in his little swimming container. The first 2 days he really moped and would only get in/then quickly out of his pool.
He still stays right up on my patio all day long and then once in a while he'll go up under the rosemary bush that is very close to the back door also. He has taken to being where he can see us through the french doors now..and for that I am glad.
He goes into his cage in the evenings earlier than he used to..as soon as it starts turning dusk we round him up and shoo him into his pen with his water feeder.
He doesn't get out until the sun is definitely up and no chance of it looking dark outside at all. We have bumped his release into the yard time to 8:30 in the morning, and into the cage at night at about 6:30. Not taking chances around here anymore.
--------------------
I thought of a really neat and inexpensive way to send Christmas gifts... instead of using a box..why not use a big tube..those big tubes for shipping art canvas and so forth. You can actually roll up clothing items and anything that can fit into the tube. You can pack it really full too..you'd be amazed..and the shipping at "priority" rate is cheaper than the standard priority boxes.
I have sent very heavy large tubes for only $8.15 before and I know that the tubes weighed at least 15 lbs too if not more!
The normal price on the tubes is usually $6 and some change..I believe it is at about $6.70 thereabouts. You'll definitely want to send it via priority as the regular shipping rate is about $2 higher..it is one of those post office flukes where sending via priority is actually cheaper than sending it regular standard parcel post rate. Anyhow..and you can decorate the tube to look like a big candy cane too if you'd like. :0) Cool idea huh?
------------------
Well..I'm going to go work on creating some more yo-yo's for my yo-yo Christmas tree garland this evening.
What types of crafty items are some of you gals working on?
----------
Hope you all have a very nice evening!
Thanks for joining me in "blogland"

~The Garden Goose~

1 comment:

Regina said...

I'm glad that Daffy is doing better and that pot pie recipe does sound yummy- I've used Bisquick for my topping- that's good too.
BTW- I like all your pretty little pictures- they are so sweet! Have a great weekend!