Monday, August 13, 2007

Some Recipes to Share....


Today I was "errand girl"...ha. Almost sounds like I should have a cape to go with that title and be endowed with some sort of a Super Power now huh? Gee ..I wonder what type of outfit I would wear? hmm..maybe an apron and a cape together huh? Now wouldn't that be cool?..:0)
Anyhow... First I had a delivery to another sign shop this afternoon, then immediately following that I had to be at a dr's appointment with dear son..waited about half an hour in the waiting room, didn't get out of there til about 3:30...rushed over to shoe store for daughter to find a pair of shoes... then had to get to the post office...the post office way across town near home..closes at 4:30..so I had to get packages sent out today..go to the post office and they were packed..had to wait about 20 minutes in line there to get my packages sent...then back home to finish up school lessons with dear son..then afterwards had to vaccuum and straighten up some areas of the house...busy day!

At least not everyday is spent running...but "Super Mom"/errand girl" got every thing done..and saved the day...yet once again! Hooray!...ha
---------------
Well...I have a few of my grandmother's recipes that I'm going to share tonight...
First up is a recipe for a type of pancake syrup my grandmother used to make:

KOOLAID SYRUP (makes 1 1/2 to 2 cups)
---------------
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup prepared KoolAid (any flavor..but granny used to use the red varieties/punch types)
1 tsp. vanilla extract

In small saucepan combine all. Cook on high until boiling. Cover and turn down heat. Simmer for 10-20 minutes or until thickened. Do NOT stir.
-------------------------------
EASY APPLE PIE
--------------
6-8 apples,peeled,cored,sliced and cooked until tender
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar
4 TBS. butter
3/4 cup plain flour
Dash of salt
1/2 cup milk

Combine all ingredients except apples.
Then gently fold in apples.
Bake at 450 degrees until crust is brown. About 20 minutes.
(grease and use a pie pan for this)
------------------------------
Well..there are a few of my sweet Granny Helen's recipes that I have shared with you this evening.
My granny used to own a resturaunt many years ago(back in the early 60's) in Euphrata, Wa.
-------------------
Enjoy!

Hope you all have a lovely evening!
Thanks for joining me in "blogland"

~The Garden Goose~

6 comments:

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Thanks for sharing those recipies. Hope things went well for your son at the dr. Have a blessed day.
Laura

JANET said...

Thank you for these recipes. I had never heard of Koolaid syrup, but the apple pie sounds just like something out of my grandmother's kitchen!

Tina Leavy said...

Hi Laura and Janet!
Laura..my son's dr. appt. went just fine..the ear is totally healed..he checked out perfectly fine.:0)
You both are welcome for the recipes!

2 LMZ FARMS said...

So glad to hear that the ear is finally healed. Bless his heart, he has been through it with the ear.
Laura

SimpleFolk said...

Just popping in for a visit! :o)
Thanks for those recipes; I hadn't heard of Kool-aid syrup either! I make sherbet our of Kool-aid and milk...it's easy and the kids love it.

I made an entry on my blog about your wonderful magazine. I hope it will bring some folks your way. I was wondering though...do you have a graphic or something that I could add to my blog? I can just put the link on, but I thought I would ask.

Have a great Wednesday!

Amy

Unknown said...

Hi Tina, thanks for sharing that recipe for koolaide syrup, I know a few grandkids who will love it!