Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tina's Crazy Coconut Cake

So...I made this ooh so yummy and moist coconut cake this evening..from scratch..no recipe..just made it up as I went..but..it's a hit and oh so yummy so I figured I better write down how I made it and quick.

--------------

Here goes:

Tina's Crazy Coconut Cake
---------------------


Preheat oven to 350.

Grease with butter a 9 by 13 cake pan


Mix together the following:

4 cups self rising flour

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 cans of crushed pineapple with juice

1/4 bag sweetened coconut

1 stick butter softened

Stir together then add enough water to make a nice cake batter consistency.


Pour into greased pan and bake for 45 minutes.


As soon as cake comes out of oven poke a few holes in it with a knife.

Spread half a container of vanilla icing on top..then spread 1/2 bag of sweetened coconut over melted icing..pressing into icing to smooth the top.


Serve warm..or let cool...oooh yum!

Tropical Delight!

------------------------------

~The Garden Goose~

p.s.

poster is available from AllPosters.com

here:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can my backside get big just by reading a recipe?! I hope not. This sounds wonderful.
Tag, you're it. Please see my blog for details.