Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tuesday Ramblings...

Well, last night I decided to drag out my seed stash that is kept up under my kitchen sink. Wow! I have quite a collection! Alot of them from farmgirls around the country, but alot of seeds I have saved from the cottage garden and packets from here and there.
Anyhow..it was time to sort through them.I wound up dumping alot of them all together into a container(the ones that need cold weather to germinate..like poppies and some wildflower varieties)...they will all be scattered into the cottage garden this afternoon.
The rest I will begin planting here and there in February...and I still have lots and lots left.
I have plenty of seeds to have a lovely yard and garden that is for sure.
-----------------------
Today we wound up with a bit of chilly weather.
brrrr.Yeah..for us wimps in sunny Florida..60 degrees is chilly. It's supposed to get down to 32 tonight.
I told my hubby last night that no way would I be able to survive up North.
-----------
Well, I'm looking forward to attending
The Thomasville,GA Victorian Christmas.
I will have to get photos for sure, as I was unable to find very many photos of this event online.
So, I'll have to make sure I get some images to share.
My daughter and I will be dressing in Victorian clothing.
----------------------
All of the new critters are doing well. Each one definitely has its own personality.
I'm still trying to find out some information on the local 4-H clubs.
------------------------
I hope that you all are having a very nice day today.
Thanks for joining me in "blogland"
~The Garden Goose~

10 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I don't have good luck with seeds! I keep trying every year though, one day I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong!


Manuela

Flea Market Queen said...

Oh I can't wait to see your garden when it's all grown out!
Have fun at the Victorian Christmas...Take pictures for sure!
Priscilla

BellaColle said...

Wish I could think about planting anything right now... we have about 3 inches of snow on the ground now...I bet your garden is lovely! I miss my south! ( I'm from GA.)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Wow what a beautiful garden that will be. mary

BClark said...

I was proud of myself this year because I grew some tomatoes from seed, also corn and peas. Next year will venture into more areas.
I can realte to the Fl weather, when we moved North my winter wardrobe was sweats,lol.

Best to you, Barbara

Rose Petals & Blooms said...

Greetings Tina!

Oh how I would love to attend a Victorian Christmas! We are slighted in the West Virginia mountains for Victorian, they have tons of Country Christmas though.

I hope you take a bazillion pics so I can feel as if I've been there myself~

Pssst.. I love Henny Penny!!

Please have....

Happy Holidays,
a
Merry Christmas
and

The most Lovely and Prosperous
New Year!

((BIG HUGS))
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
It has been a bit chilly for us here too.
I got your card.
Thank you.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Amy said...

i had no idea there was a victorian christmas in thomasville. i will have to look into that...

JANET said...

About the only seeds I keep and replant are my giant zinnias. For our garden, we usually just buy new seed from the co-op each year, so I am impressed that you will have a garden from saved seed!
Have fun at the Victorian Christmas! Hope the weather warms up a bit.

Alice Regan said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the Victorian Christmas! and...can't wait to see pictures of your spring garden!