Monday, December 10, 2007

Penny Rug Project

Finally completed the Penny Rug Project. These are to be gifts for a few special gals I know. shh don't tell. :0)

I used the "Quick and Easy Penny Rugs" book by Barbie Jo Paquin from "Cleo and Me"
I adapted the pattern a bit, by sewing one less blackbird and pie and cherry cluster, and by sewing quite a few less on the pennies around the border of the rug..the original pattern called for 5 blackbirds and 5 cherry clusters and 26 penny circles to go around the edge of the rug.
Whew. As it was..my adaptation took quite a long time on the first rug as I had to teach myself all of the embroidery stitches. I only sewed 12 pennies around the edge of the rug and only 4 blackbirds and cherry clusters. I really like how this turned out. The 2nd rug is going much faster and should be completed by tomorrow evening.
~The Garden Goose~

5 comments:

Bonne said...

OH!! That's adorable Tina!!!
hugs, Bonne

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Very cute penny rug!!

((((hugs))))
Stephanie
Farmgirl Sister #22

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
How pretty. You did a grea job.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Tina,
How pretty! Just love those cherries!
Hugs,
Denise

Anonymous said...

Hello Tina, I so enjoyed your adaptation of my design, very cute. Cleo and I know how time consuming all those pennies can be :)
A Merry Christmas to you!
Barbie Jo and Cleo