Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A nice day...

I do hope that you all had a lovely Christmas Day.

It was cold here ..a bit dreary outside on Christmas day, and wet..and gray. but we stayed indoors and had a nice family togetherness day.

I baked a ham and sweet potatos with pecan crust and broccoli for the veggie.

In the evening we all gathered in the living room and played Wii bowling.
Lots of fun.
My husband got me quite a few packages of flower seeds and a stack of gardening books and some other goodies as well. The kids were well and spoiled. We all had a fun day.
I got hubby some new jeans and shirts and of course some lovely gourmet chocolates..he loves rich chocolates/dark chocolates.
---------------------
Now that the Holidays are over I find myself looking forward to Spring time already.
Now that I have lots of new flower seeds I find myseslf eager to want to dig in the dirt.
--------------------
I've joined in the fun of a few swaps over at the Mary Jane's Farm site again. The gals are all getting back into the Sprintime swap ideas..and I have joined in on the old fashioned Valentine's card swap..where we make and send Valentine's cards. It was alot of fun last year.
And then I have joined in on a Spring Fling swap..where we can swap seeds and anything else "Spring/Welcome Spring" themed.
I'm still debating about whether or not I'll join in on a Valentine's themed mini apron swap..where you have to sew up about 21 tiny aprons in a Valentine's theme fabric.And then you recieve the same amount back , but from 20 other people.
My daughter was involved in a Christmas themed mini apron swap and the aprons were absolutely adorable, lots of talented folks involved in the fun.
-----------------------
Anyhow... I'll be leaving the Christmas tree up for just a few more days..then it will be packed away and a New Year with all the wonders it shall hold..will be ushered in.
Here's hoping that the New Year holds for us all lots of love, happiness and precious memories.
-----------------------
Have a good evening. Thanks for joining me in "blogland"
~The Garden Goose~

5 comments:

Beemoosie said...

It sounds like you all had a lovely day! And like you winter is fine until December 26, then it is time for spring!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds lovely... a belated Merry Christmas to you!!

Day4plus said...

Christmas is over for another year. But the spirit of Christmas should never be over.
The Valentine Swap should be fun because it was fun last year.
I too am waiting for spring and the seed catalogs and the warm SUN.
I have some viola/pansys that have been blooming all winter and the hardy Cyclamen have been blooming too. So tiny and cute. It is true---after Christmas it is time for Spring. MB

BClark said...

I am trying to get caught up, so far behind. Great you had a good day, nice to kick back and enjoy. I will be back to check out the new website, I know I really enjoyed see the magazine before. Really good job on it. Happy New Year, Barbara

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Tina,

Yes, it sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. I did as well. I will take the tree down the day after New Year's Day.

Happy New Year to you and yours. May it bring many blessings and an early spring!

Renie

PS. I'm going over to check the new web site for Country Living.