Friday, June 1, 2007

Yummy Soap...

I listed this absolutely yummy soap in my etsy shop this afternoon...(well, if it was edible I'm sure it would be yummy tasting) but this soap smells so scrumptiously delightful to the senses.
A lovely citrus smell that is just fab!
I love anything that smells like citrus blossoms and I tell you this is a perky little bar of soap that I know would have your bathroom smelling so fresh and beautiful while the soap is in there.
Best thing about these soaps is that they are organic.
So that means not only do they smell good, they are good for your skin.
-------------------
I'll have some more items soon to get into the shop.
I cut out some fabric for some really darling handbags too.Then I plan to create some really nice Victorian/Cottage Garden/French looking pillows.(gosh hard to describe the fabric but it's almost a French floral look very romantic garden look to it in almost a toile type look to the design) Anyhow..I hope those go over well.
------------
Today was a bit of a slow day today. I really got nothing much accomplished at all. A very lazy day.
I guess it's o.k. to have a day like that every now and again to recharge the batteries.
I am looking forward to a nice quiet weekend with my husband and kids.
Just hanging around the house.
I'm hoping to get some sewing done..especially those handbags I just mentioned.
The fabric on those is soo cute..an "ooh la-la girlfriends in Paris/shopping" type look to the fabric..It's really cute and I hope those go over well too.
-----------
I have alot of the gloriosa daisies starting to pop up all over in the cottage garden now. I am so glad that I did gather those seeds last year and that they did decide to grow..they are so lovely.I am for sure going to make a point to collect the seeds from the flowers yet again, after they have completed their blooming.
They are some of the most cheerful flowers I know of.
---------------
I am ashamed to admit that I have not gotten out and taken very many photos at all lately.
But I have some gorgeous flowers blooming outside and just need to try and capture them in new and different ways.
So, I'll probably head outside tomorrow afternoon and get back on track with that.
If the weather holds out.
----------
All day today it kept looking like it wanted to rain..but we didn't even get a drop. We surely could have used it too.
--------
Oh, I saw the sweetest thing today outside of my kitchen window at about 7:30 this morning..I had mentioned before that my ducks are starting to do a molting...with feathers scattered everywhere it seems.
Well , this morning I'm looking out of the kitchen window and see a small male house sparrow alight onto the drake elm branch and then down he swooped to a patch of feathers and starts stuffing his little beak full of these fluffy white duck feathers. It made me happy to see the way that nature works.
It was a really sweet sight.
-----------
Well, not really much else to report today.
----------
I'm going to have to do some research on when ducks start laying eggs..mine are a good 3 months old and have started their first molt already..so I need to start doing a bit more research on them now that they are full grown.
I had read that the females don't make very good mothers as far as setting on the nest goes..and that if I wind up with fertile eggs I'd have to probably incubate them in an incubator.
I would like to probably sell a few ducklings back to the feed store or through the local advertiser paper here if I could.
I'm sure when the time comes we will probably use a few of the eggs in baking.
---------------
Well, that is all today.
Thanks for joining me in "blogland"
Here's wishing you all a lovely weekend!


~The Garden Goose~



1 comment:

2 LMZ FARMS said...

You deserve some time off. I don't know how you do everything that you do. I hope you and yours have a great weekend and you are able to make those tote bags, can't wait to see them.
Have a good one.
Laura