Friday, February 29, 2008

Tigers, Lions, and....

Spent all today at our local Zoo to celebrate our son's birthday. Had loads of fun.

Here are some of the images from the day.

Enjoy!



(click on collages to enlarge)
It was neat to see a wallaby with a baby in its pouch..the baby had hardly any hair on it, and peeked out only for a moment..neat!
The zoo had a few new exhibits..kangaroos, wallabys, kinkajoo,a new wolf encounter exhibit/show.
We saw an oragutan..I actually woke it up this morning by saying to it"hey there pretty girl..time to wake up"..as it was totally covered with a blanket..once I said "wake up"..it slowly removed it's blanket and wrapped the blanket around its head(as shown in the monkey collage) so cute!
The zoo also now has a parrot show that it presents..a few parrots perform tricks such as pretending to shop, ride a motorcycle, raise a mini flag, and ride a bike.
Too cute.
We were able to see a white peacock..I had never seen one of those before, and oh my..how magnificent..loved it.
(not shown here..but I was able to get some close up images of the peacock feathers..oooh so pretty!)
Anyhow..it was a terrific day..and as the Lion is doing in the lion collage..I'm starting to yawn..it was a good day, a busy day..but an oh so fun day!
My little boy is now 8 today..or is that two...ha.
(Leap yr. baby)
Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Thanks for joining me in "blogland"
~The Garden Goose~
p.s. wanted to say a great big "welcome" to all of the new folks visiting my blog recently. It is so wonderful to meet new friends. I hope you'll stop back by every now and again.
And oh yes..for those of you that want more pictures of dear "Collin"..I'll make sure to get a picture tomorrow to share here.
Hugs to you all. Have a lovely evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures!!! we went to the zoo the other day too, how fun right.
Happy day today:)
deezie

Anonymous said...

Okay now Garden Goose.....we could have done without the photo of the snake!...but loved all the others. :) We flew to Chicago for my grand-daughters birthday last year and spent the day at the zoo. It was so much fun. I took pictures of course of the whole day and did a scrapbook for her special day. Someday hopefully she will truly appreciate it. What a nice surprise this morning to wake up to a give-away win. The cupcakes are adorable and I am delighted. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Quinne said...

Hi Tina :)
Happy day to your sweet boy! And thank you for sharing the delightful zoo pics.

We are taking our sweeties this coming week. Love, Q

Katmom said...

Tina,
love your collage' of Critters...I wish I were a bit my daring & creative with camera & computer.
Your hankies form the swap are so sweet.
farmgirl hugz,
>^..^<