Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Few Recipes to Share...and more...

Came across these interesting recipes in an old cookbook I had..thought I'd share them here.

-----------
Apple Lemonade
------
2 1/2 quarts apple juice
2 cups fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
a few lemon slices
fresh mint leaves

Combine juices and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
Chill thoroughly and serve over ice.
Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint.
yeild: 12 glasses
---------------------------------
Strawberry Ice Cream Soda
----------------
1 1/2 cups milk
1 10 oz. package frozen sliced strawberries/partially thawed
1 pint strawberry ice cream
1 16 oz bottle club soda/chilled

In a covered blender,at high speed,blend milk and berries for 15 seconds.
Pour into 6 glasses.
Add a scoop of strawberry icecream to each glass.
Slowly add soda, filling almost to top.
Serves: 6
---------------------------------
"Snow cream"
-----------
Pour a tall can of Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk into a bowl.
Add fresh clean snow to the bowl to make a good proper "snow cream" consistency.
-------------------
~ Enjoy!~
--------------------------------
Well..I hope that you have had a pleasant week.
My week has gone well. Wednesday I spent a little time at the oral surgeon's office. I have an appointment for this coming Wednesday(the 10th) at 9:45 to have oral surgery..3 wisdom teeth to be removed. ....ouch. Am a wee bit nervous, but the dentist performing the surgery has 35 yrs. experience with this sort of thing. So that is a comfort, and I am told that it should only take 40 minutes. Let's hope that is correct, as I certainly don't want it taking a long time...or any problems/difficulties.
-----------
Saying all this to say that..after Wednesday I will be laying low recuperating. I may miss a few days here with my friends..wahhhh.
But if I feel up to sitting up and typing..I'll be here....if you don't hear from me for a few days... know that it is cause I am piled in the bed getting some rest and trying to get to feeling better.
You all are very special to me and I appreciate your visits to my blog.
------------------
~The Garden Goose~

No comments: