Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Some Things I have Collected/Tucked Back For Our New Home

I have collected/saved back items for our new home for quite a little while now..and they have never been displayed in my current home. I am excited about the fun things I have collected over time, and that will hopefully soon have the opportunity to "shine", and be a definite part of my home decorating at a new place.

Anyhow I wanted to share with you all some of the things that I will be decorating with at a new home.These are items that are packed away awaiting our move to a new home.
----------------------

this is a 1940's hooked pillow cover that I found.This will most likely be displayed on my aqua colored leather sofa along with some brightly colored red and yellow rose printed pillows. Lots of work went into creating that pillow top. I love things like this that someone took the time to create.
--------------------
These carnival bowling pins came from Nova Scotia. They are quite old and "shabby" looking, but so cheery. They will be displayed in a retro style dining area that features vintage circus items.
I can't ever seem to pass up large vintage dog statues like this one that measures 8 1/2 inches tall. Actually I once owned a Collie and that dog was so very smart... so when I found this statue I knew it would be added to my collection of vintage dog figurines. This will be displayed along with a vintage copy of the book "Bob, Son of Battle" that I have.
-----------
And part of my 1940's, 1950's chickens that will be displayed in my retro styled kitchen. The kitchen will have plenty of red, white accents With walls painted a jadeite green color. Definite 1950's feel to the kitchen.
--------------------
Some other fun kitchen decor to give you an idea of how it will be decorated Bloomer potholders from the 1940's.


Then I have started a small collection of hand mirrors, these will be mounted on the wall using small plate holders. This one is a double sided mirror, very old and quite heavy. With lovely details on the handle. I will create a wall display using about half a dozen various hand mirrors like this. I have 2 already..now to find 4 more unique ones to complete the plan.And..last but not least..I will be creating a very vintage style Nautical themed bathroom. This little sailor is a chalkware sailor from the 1930's. He is rather "shabby" looking but still has awesome appeal and so very cute I could not pass him up. He will be the main attraction in a vintage styled bathroom that will have nautical items dating back to the late 1800's and 1920's and 30's and 40's.
----------------------
Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed my little "show and tell"
~The Garden Goose~

5 comments:

Betty said...

Well, I certainly did enjoy the 'show and tell'....dogs and chickens...my kind of decor!

Bee Haven Bev said...

Great collectibles, Tina! Cannot wait to see the rooms decorated! We will need a house tour, of course!!

CathyJean said...

I LOVE the RED teapot and the chicken and the crocheted potholders!!! LOL!
Hope it's going well for you, Tina:)

Jeanie said...

Hi, Tina -- haven't checked in for a long while, but good to visit again! Those bowling pins -- what a find!

electricdunce said...

Tina, you definitely have the treasure collection of household wonders, those bowling pins, that hooked cover, all the other bits of magic that make a house your own. Oh my, I hope you all get moved soon so I can see all these beautiful things in place.

Karin