Had a fun day out with hubby today..we went to a few garage sales in the area.
Oh let's see...what did I find?
1. a retro 50's rooster (ceramic)..about 6 inches tall for $2
2.an old mirror from about the 60's, early 70's with a thin frame on it(it measures about 16 by 12..for 50 cents..it has an arched top to it..will paint it red on the frame.
3. 3 tiny glass birds..one red/the other 2 are clear4. a very old Ball mason jar
5. 3... 11 by 14 frames, and an old plastic frame from about the 50's it is an 8 by 10 size(I was able to finally frame the peacock lady image..I will share a photo of that later)
6. a nice Franklin Mint "The Royal Swan" bisque porcelain swan.(mine does not have the wood stand)( got it for $4)
7. a really neat set of stackable bud vases used for rooting cuttings..it is hard to explain..they come in 2 triple sets of blown glass bud vases, and 1 is a quadruple set of vases..they all stack on top of each other to form a "tower" of tiny bud bubble vases.(got that for $1)..I can root 10 cuttings at once with it.
8. and a covered clay baking dish.9. and 2 accordian style expanding peg racks.
10. and....a window from an old house for $5 (6 pane window..that I will hang from chain..will try to find a photo of a poppy field to make a scenery on the window panes of a poppy field)
It was a fun day out with hubby..and what was nice is we were able to find some things to add to my vintage rooster collection and to find a few other fun things that we will use in new home.
After hubby and I were done with the garage saling we stopped by Schlotzsky's for sandwiches and sat at the marina and ate our lunch...then went to a couple of antique shops.
The weather was lovely out today.
I do hope that you all had a lovely day!
Thanks for stopping by!
May you have a lovely weekend!
~The Garden Goose~