Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Look at what I won!...so pretty..and more..

I love visiting other blogs... when I have the time that is..and seeing the lovely art creations that folks do, and the fun decorating and more that goes on in "blogland".

I recently came across a fun art/interior design blog created by Fifi Flowers over at:
Fifi creates art in a fun whimsical style, and recently she held a giveaway contest in which contestants were to send in a favorite photo to be considered for a painting. Winner of the contest would receive a small painting of the photo.

So..this is what I submitted. My photo was chosen as the winner and here is the lovely water color painting I received!
If you have a photo of a special room in your home, a pet, or a photo from a special trip you have made, or something you'd like to remember..contact Fifi through her blog, she'll be happy to convert the image to a painting for you.
Now I have to find a mat and frame for this lovely painting. It will hang in my "soon to be" new home. Isn't it pretty!
Thanks so much Fifi!
------------------------------------
Still talking about "pretties"..you all know how I just adore vintage/antique items right?..well..of course you do.(and if you didn't..well..you now know..ha)

I know, know, know that I honestly should NOT be buying anything else right now for the new home..until I actually "get" my new home..right?..but,but, but.. sigh...I just absolutely could not resist these two lovelies...
I found this lovely ,large old Victorian die cut and embossed image of a boat filled with flowers..for a mere $4.
It will hang in a vintage nautical themed bathroom that I am planning for the new home.

Then I found this lovely antique hall mirror..I could not resist... I saved up my fun moolah until I could get this.
It will have a place in our "soon to be" Victorian themed living room.I'm not sure how old this mirror is, but if I had to guess I'd say either late 1890's to 1920's. It still has the gold gilding on the edges of the frame, and the original brown paper backing,although the brown paper bbacking is a bit worn in places and wanting to come off a few spots.I am awaiting this beauty to arrive any day now..it is in transit , I really, really hope it arrives safely.
On the domestic front..I have been busy most of the day today shoving around boxes and bins in the garage...I am nearly done with that task..of stacking boxes and bins against the wall neatly...and sweeping the garage floor, removing cobwebs that somehow wind up making their ways into a garage.
Next I have to sort through tools..garden tools and other household tools and miscellaneous and make sense of it all/ and get what is not needed ,or won't be needed at this current abode..all boxed up and in a neat, orderly sense.
Then either hubby or I will be making a trip to the hardware store to purchase a load of mulch to replenish the flower beds in the backyard.
-------------------
Well..here's hoping that you all have a lovely day.
Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit.
~The Garden Goose~

3 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

I'm soooooooo glad you like it! Even more thrilling to know that it will hang in your NEW home... ENJOY!
Fifi

Deirdra Doan said...

Oh Tina...I got the most beautiful butterflies this week!! Thank you so much...I look forward to finding a place for them....hopefully my new studio.

I would like to see idea's others used for the butterflies.

I love the post on Restyled Home...the graphics are wonderful that your husband made for the walls. I really really like the pink bird/branches.

Thank you Thank you again!!!
oxo
Deirdra

said...

How lucky you got an original Fifi!!