Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Look what decided to bloom!

My mom in law had given me this cute hen and chicks plant last year..and I have managed to keep it alive so far..anyhow..a few months ago I put it outside on my deck railing and well..sort of forgot about it, until I started noticing it was sending up tall stalks and those tall stalks have little pinkish/yellowish colored "capsules"..I waited a few days and what a delight!!There are 3 stalks on the "mother hens" and they are all blooming with really cute yellowish/pinkish orange flowers!

Thought I'd share this delight with you... as I have never had one of these bloom for me before.
~The Garden Goose~

4 comments:

meg said...

I've never seen one bloom before either~ how cool is that!

Amy Ellen said...

How awesome that your forgetting turned out so well, it does not for me, plants tremble in fear when they hear my name, LOL. I just don't understand, sigh....
Amy

Holly said...

Hi, I'm Holly!

I lived in many small towns and i'm charmed. :>

I've never been too fond of those chicken plants but now that I see their blooms... I think they are cute! It must have liked the deck!

Have a great day!

Jeanie said...

Wow! I've never seen that before. Very cool indeed.

I'm so far behind on blog visiting -- first vacation, then running to stay in place and catch up afterwards. I'm done in. But I have till Monday a giveaway for comments to posts related to the vacation (V-posts), so stop by! You might have to go down a few!