Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Potted Plant Clean Up and more...

So...the other day I spent time hoeing out the raised beds, then raking them out, and then sowing garden seeds with my 2 youngest children.



Today found me cleaning up all of the potted plants I had in my courtyard area. I shoved huge terra cotta pots around. Cleared the debris out of the pots that had leaves blown into them and trimmed off any dead leaves.Shaped up the potted climbing roses and trimmed off any dead canes on those.Condensed together some of the plants that could do well being grouped together.Made a pile of the old plastic pots I no longer wanted.
I think I made some progress.:0)

I then gathered the empty new pots into a pile along with my garden decor items, and some large wind chimes. Why am I doing this?
All of these garden items and plants will soon be taking a trip further South to await the day when I'll hopefully be joining them soon. To begin new gardens in a new town.

I just hope that I won't have to wait too long. I'm also sending along some of my houseplants..but not all of them..I must have something green around to enjoy!
In the meantime I hope that the little garden that I planted with my kids will grow and produce something for us to enjoy.
-------------
I have been getting ready to do a few book reviews for the "Small Town Living" blog. One is on gardening, and the other is about chickens. Both great topics, and I can't wait to share the titles of the books with you all, and what I liked about the books. I am so enjoying the work I am doing with that site.
Do stop by if you get a chance and become a follower of the blog. The link is www.stliving.com
I really love "Small Town Living" and sharing the information with folks. We cover so many fun topics...from farm profiles, to artist profiles, crafts, cooking, DIY, humor, and so much more.
-----------
I do hope that you all are having a most wonderful week thus far.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
~The Garden Goose!~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was feeling like sprin here and then the snow came ...again...
I sure have been thinking about gardening......