Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Just a wee bit busy here lately..

Things around here have been a wee bit busy as of late.

I've been working on cleaning out our garage a bit more. Trying to get more things downsized and cleared out.

And am bartering a few of the items for things that I actually can use/need at a new house. Things like crocheted dishcloths, some heirloom seeds that I don't have in my stash, and some retro looking fabric fat quarters. So it is thinning out things I don't want to move and swapping them for things that take up a lot less space and that I can wind up putting to good use. It is a win-win situation for all involved.Plus bartering is just plain fun.

Then I worked on weeding my potted plants..yep..somehow my potted plants out back wound up with their fair share of weeds in amongst the pots/plants...gee weeds are persistent aren't they? Then I had to move a couple of heavy terra cotta pots in with the grouping..boy a terra cotta pot filled w
ith plants and soil gets heavy quickly. Next time I will make sure I use a dolly to move heavy things like that.

Today I spent all afternoon getting my house whipped back into shape..vacuuming and mopping and boxing up all the barter items to gt them ready to ship out.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed..I have created a blog for "Small Town Living" check the side bar on the left, and I hope you'll stop by the blog and become a follower.:0)

Fall weather has finally arrived here, and wow! I'm loving it!
So very nice to be able to open the back door and leave it open for the breeze
to drift through the house.And to open the windows too. Actually love to see curtains lightly swaying in the breeze.Something so peaceful and homey about it.

Stop by the "Small Town Living" blog and check out the recipe I've posted there this evening for "Crockpot Apple Butter".

I'll be updating "The Victory Gardener" blog too this evening, so be sure and pick up the latest gardening tip over there.

Thanks so very much for stopping by!
I'd love to know that you visited so please feel free to leave me a comment.
~The Garden Goose!~

3 comments:

umi_e said...

after the hard work - wish you have a good rest :) Take care

~hugs~

Anonymous said...

I love the idea that you are bartering. I think more and more people will start to barter, especially when they find out how much fun it really is. There is this site I can recommend called http://barterquest.com it is really amazing for bartering all the stuff you don't need.

Laura ~ all about Pretty! said...

Hi Tina, just popping by to catch up, I'm so behind in my blog reading and now that the garden has gone to sleep for the winter I have more time. I don't think I'm busier than anyone else I'm just really slow moving :) I do love your new blog look, more FLAIR is always a good thing. Congrats on your 500th post, sorry I missed the giveaway. Now I'm heading to your Small Town blog, how do you keep up with them all, you're amazing. God bless, Laura