Monday, June 29, 2009

Some more of my collectibles..and a recipe for you..

Sometimes I just can't stand myself..haha..because I just have this knack for finding some awesomely cool/fun and ..o.k. just really super cool things to decorate with...wow!

Guess I can trace that knack way back to when my mom used to drag us kids around to garage sales galore from as far back as I can remember(thanks Mom ..smiles)...now though I must admit etsy.com is my "online garage sale" site..and where I tend to find some of my coolest treasures at really inexpensive prices. Grant it though I still like to go to garage sales too..haven't given up on that....but...
I cannot wait until we have our new home..I have so many super cool things saved back...I mean really fun/cool things to decorate with.
----------
Here are some more of my cool and fun things:
------------------
This is a super cute and fun glass.
It is to advertise the Automatic dishwasher!
-------this little cup reads: "Beware- Cold Germs
Germs Away With An Automatic Dishwasher"
The back of the glass has where you can write the name of the person that has a cold. How cute is that little bug with the hanky and thermometer??
Then I have this really cool wire peacock sculpture that is a foot tall by about 13 1/2 inches wide.
I think it is really pretty.


Ok..there you have a few "show and tell" items.:0)
Thanks for taking a "look-see" :0)
-----------------------
Now for a fun recipe!
---------------------
Super Strawberry-Banana Shake
----------------
2 cups sliced, frozen strawberries
2 large ripe bananas sliced and frozen
1 pint strawberry icecream
2 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
----------
Blend all together in a blender until smooth.
Makes 8 /1 cup servings. Yummy!
--------------
... and yes..those strawberries were in a basket on my kitchen counter...they now are all in my freezer for days when I'd like a berry shake like the one above:0)
---------------
Have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by!
~The Garden Goose~

1 comment:

Betty said...

I love your peacock! And, the little glass is adorable...I've never seen anything like it. Thanks for 'show and tell'.