Friday, January 21, 2011

Some pics of the new abode

As promised I will begin sharing a few pictures of our new abode. I am not done yet...will I ever be? I hope so ...as I like to be organized and to have a clean home. This time around seems to be taking me a lot longer to figure out where to put things, not that we have a lot of clutter, its just that I haven't gotten everything figured out yet and still need to have some curtains made for various rooms, etc. It is getting there though. My style is very mix and match and I don't really fit into any set decorating theme. I guess you could call it Wild Gypsy style..ha. There's a bit of this and that like from a gypsy peddler wagon..:0)
 Today I thought I'd share with you my entry foyer area.

to the right of our front door as if you were walking out. I have a small collection of Dutch themed items. Love how cheery they are.
This is the main wall of the foyer area to the left as you walk out
Here we have 2 art/photo areas hung on either side of this large mirror. I simply hung jute onto 2 L shaped hooks in 2 rows. My 2 youngest kids made the plates about a yr. ago. I have always wanted to do this sort of thing in a foyer too.
oh... and although he's not part of the decor.. I can't resit including my little side kick/Collin...he follows me everywhere.

I've always wanted to put a collection of wooden shoes in various sizes by a front door/so fun!
My collection of Dutch themed items.                                                
This is  as you walk in on the left. It displays a non working antique phone and I love the image of the gal on the phone above it. The botanicals date back to the 1930's- 40's for the 2 small ones and from the late 1700's early 1800's for the large one.
this is past the phone table on the left hand side tiny wall as you start to head into the kitchen.

Thanks so much for visiting.
~The Garden Goose!~

5 comments:

Denise said...

very pretty Tina! I especially like the one of the gal on the phone.
love your dutch themed items

Tina Wilson said...

thanks Denise. I like that print too.

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

It looks so pretty! I love the mirror with the white frame. So glad you are getting settled.

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Nicely done, wanna see more!

Amy Ellen said...

I love the entry! And don't you just love schnauzers. I have 8 and they ARE constant shadows... I will never be lonely with them around. LOL... They do follow me every where.. Except the bathroom when I am taking a shower. They will sit outside the bathroom door. LOL They don't want to risk an a bath, LOL.